Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Konstanz fog

 Beware the fog.

When I first decided to travel to Konstanz, I was haphazardly warned that the "fog" causes depression and that suicide rates were higher in Konstanz's winter than other provinces because of it. I took it with a grain of salt, even laughed. How could FOG be that bad?

Wrong.

I still love Konstanz just as much as ever, don't get me wrong. I don't regret coming here at all. But I don't think we've had sun for a week. Maybe even longer. We are all extra exhausted and have begun the wintertime blues that even the best Europahaus parties can't fix (haha..)

I think the best way to remedy this is to travel. Once classes began, I've kept myself holed up in Konstanz. I had some trips planned, but it's quite expensive to travel from here, and no one has the spare cash to accompany me (neither do I.. but it's a priority to go. I can live on noodles if it means seeing Paris).

Keep yourself happy by remembering the small things. A coffee date with friends, a good movie (auf Deutsch, naturlich!), even a good hour counts. The sun will be back before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment