Tuesday, September 18, 2012

German date


 Today I had a date with a German guy I met at Berry's last week. He was such a sweetheart, and a refreshing change from the guys back home. I guess I can't stereotype too much,  because there has definitely been some handsy German guys here, but not this one. He has been nothing but a gentleman, and didn't try to make a move more than a kiss on each cheek. We had so much fun doing nothing but drinking coffee and laughing at the water fowl by the lake. I imagine this is what old fashioned romance feels like. It's a bit weird only because I am startled by his lack of move-making, but somehow I know that he is interested. It is great because nothing has to be serious, and it is best that we take our time. Here, I feel like I have all the time in the world and no time at all at the same time. It is a strange experience.Getting out and feeling less glued to the tv set or the internet is exactly what I needed. I hate to admit how much time I wasted on these things at home. At home, the idea of sitting and watching ducks for hours would seem pointless to me, but somehow wasting time on the internet was ok. I am glad that it is more of the opposite.
 Also, Germans know how to drive. Like really know how to drive. It is impressive to be in a car with a Swiss or German person and watch their fancy handwork. I damn whoever invented the automatic car because we have no idea how to drive because of it. It is really a sight to see. I think after being in some of these cars, I would feel safe to ride with someone on the autobahn.
 Anyway, I hope that we continue to see each other, and that we can stop speaking in English. My  German is still terrible, it sounds like I'm drunk when I speak.. I think that's the only time people understand me, is when they are drunk.. Ah well. Soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment